Tuesday, November 9, 2010

started

It all started, I guess when I was in 9th standard.. Man.. life was soo much fun before it.
Lying on my bed... lazying around as usual.. talking wid frnds on useless and weird stuff... discussing things which wud never effect us in the wildest of dreams... playing sports to become a pro and what not..
But comes the fall of 9th standard and life takes an inconceivable turn. My mom for the first time utters these golden and charismatic words-- "Beta yeh saal bahut important hai !! bas yeh saal acche se padh lo, baad mein maje hi maje hai"

And that was the end of all the buffoonery!! I fell for the trap.. became a prey to those words of wisdom.. But still out of curiosity and full of enthusiasm i managed to ask her.. "Mummy aisa kyon??" And the answer was what had been expected..
"beta abhi padh lo.. 10th mein jyada load nahi rahega.."

So here the countdown begins.. no_of_times_fooled = 1;

So, like an obedient child.. i studied.. or rather tried to study. Whatever might be the case, i was engulfed hooked by the books.

After 9th standard, it made me feel good. I was done with many coursework and thought 10th would be easy. But here i was mistaken again.

10th std.. My mom says--- "Beta yeh saal bahut important hai!! Boards hai.. Padh lo.. Ek baar accha college mil gaya 11th mein, tension nahi rahega"

Time to increase the countdown..
no_of_times_fooled = 2;

11th and twelfth , the same story as in 9th and tenth.. with a bit of twist.. sorry, a MAJOR twist.. Enter --"IIT".

Though i never managed to get into IIT, but studied for it. Not that hard, coz then obviously i would have been in it.. But hard enuf to let it badger my thinkings of enjoyment..

So in these two years, the countdown increased twice..
no_of_times_fooled = 4;

So.. somehow i got into Computer engg.. I had this happy feeling that things are going to be fun frm now.. no more worries and tensions and no more words of wisdom to fool me.. But Alas..!!
My mom says to me.. " beta first yr acche se padh lo.. Ek baar aggregate aa gaya accha .. baad mein tension nahi rehta.. "

OK was the only answer i could give..
no_of_times_fooled = 5;

Second yr of engg.. I was so very sure that she could not tell me anything now.. But I was wrong again.. Here comes the words of wisdom.. "Beta next year companies aayengi for placements.. Usme busy ho jaaoge.. Yeh saal mehnat kar lo.. Placement mein faayda hoga"

Undoubtedly, the answer had to be yes.. coz all she said was so logical and correct..
no_of_times_fooled = 6; hehe

Third year starts.. I get placed into a company.. somehow thought now i could enjoy atleast the remaining time of engg.. But then came to know of this freaking and weird thing called.. GRE.. MS

All of a sudden there was a sudden elated feeling of doing masters..
My mistake.. i told this to my mom..
There she has another reason waiting.. " Beta padh lo.. Ek baar acchi univ mil gayi to life set hai!!"
no_of_times_fooled = 7;

So i give GRE.. Manage to get a decent score and get into a good university..
Was so sure i would have no more problems in final year.. Nothing to worry about.. But as usual i was wrong again..
Here comes mu mom-- "Beta BE mein accha score karlo.. Degree mein acche marks dikhenge.."

I tried to persuade her telling i have got into a univ., i will be not needing these marks but all in vain..
no_of_tomes_fooled = 8;

Finally, i get into Masters.. Doin my Masters in Gaming and am really happy.. Or rather i was.. coz yesterday she calls me up and asks.. " Beta padhai kaisi chal rahi hai??" I replied " Mast.. "
And here comes the words of wisdom again.. "Beta yehi do saal hai zindagi banane ke liye.. Kuch accha karlo.. poori zindagi padi hai maje ke liye.. Bas yeh do saal ki mehnat hai.."

no_of_times_fooled = 9;

And i was speechless!! Didnt know wat to answer.. 9 years and i have been hearing each time.. this is the year to work..

I bet this happens to all of us..
And we sometimes think to ourselves... Dont we know this?? Are we so immature that we need to be told this everytime..?? Cant we take a stand on our own?? Do we need constant reminding??

It somehow makes one feel that watever we have done in past was just useless.. If these were the deciding years then why did we screw our lives in the past.. If these 2 yrs were so important, why did i even bother to study hard in the past.

Was thinking about all these things..
Sat for lyk 1 or 2 hours and came up with something.. Which is what i want to share.. Something which is very common.. yet , if understood, will make us very happy!!

I told myself.. "LIVE LIFE WITHOUT REGRETS"

when i look at past.. i don regret for wat i hav not done or wat could have been done! I am just happy for things i did..
Happy for wat i thought was appropriate at that time.. I have done all kinds of crazy things and have a hell lota fun with my frnds.. Have roamed aimlessly.. And now when i look back , i somehow feel happy and want to thank my mom for reminding me and telling me time and again to study .. coz if it would not have been for her, i would not have known when to stop.. there has to be a line drawn which limits you from going in haphazard fashion..
I am happy that i was fooled.. hehe.. And more happy that I live my Life without any regrets!!

10 comments:

  1. kya baat hai... i din know u could write sumthin so nice... lol....
    nice 1...
    seems like u missin mom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. am sure everyone will relate to this! :) And you hav proved to be a true programmer by inserting code statements..you cud have done no_of_times_fooled++ ... LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I am happy that i was fooled.. hehe.. And more happy that I live my Life without any regrets!"
    This was really imp thng in any1s Life......!

    And i liked da way u wrote all this....!
    "Beta yahi din hai likhne k.....ab likhne par b dhyan do....humare jaise log taarif karege...." Lols :p

    Heyy fOOl.....the title was wht i liked d most....!

    Keep Writing and God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooo...niaacee yaa :)
    super cool u started to write..
    liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post Vipul..
    i agree with almost everything!!
    And am glad that u listened to your mom..
    Welcome to the Blogging World!
    Keep Expressing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope ur "no_of_times_fooled_BY_MOM" status keeps incrementing.....b'coz eventually thats what helps u succeed in life...hehe...nicely written Vipul :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love d message!! live life without regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bhari..........something unique and nice to draw for a colourful life........all the best bro.

    ReplyDelete